Tuesday 10 January 2012

The Bottle

The Bottle design was also taken into consideration. After choosing to use clear glass over brown and green i was given a basis on what my design would begin to look like. I then considered what different styles of label could be placed on my bottle, i finally chose a design similar to the alcopop bacardi breezer. As i liked the idea of having two labels one on the neck of the bottle and one on the main body.




The shape of the new zodiac bottle would need to be considered too, I preferred the slender looking alcopop bottles apposed to the bulkiness of the cider ones. As my target market was for both genders i decided that it would be better to opt for the slimmer of the two.

To add some variety to the bottle i decided to look at other bottle designs, after looking at the brands ribena and kronenbourg, i noticed that they both had embossing on the bottles. I then decided to design my own creative embossing design which would be placed on the bottles. The design can be seen in my learning journal. It consisted of a repetitive pattern of stars (logo) and the star sign symbol from the particular drink. This pattern was then trailed randomly around the glass in a spiralling sequence.




I also consider the design for the bottle top, this would consist of the star image from the brand logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment